Monday, May 27, 2013

Childrens Headbands

I have to give credit to Alishia for teaching me how to make these cute little things! Make sure you check out her blog by clicking on her button on the side of my page; This DIY Mom's Diary.


A friend of mine is expecting a baby girl soon and I thought these would be the perfect little headband for her perfect little head. Who doesn't like to make things that are simple, quick and leave little to no mess when you're done?! I know I do. So, here we go...

You Need:
  • fabric
  • thread/needle
  • scissors
  • hot glue gun
  • a button
  • a hair pin/clip
  • stretch headband
  • old CD 
  • pen
1. Pick your favorite fabric. On the backside, trace around your CD then cut the circle out. (If you're wanting to make the smaller ones, trace something smaller than a CD)

2. Starting from the underneath, sew a running stitch along the edge of your fabric. When you have sewn completely around, make sure the printed side of fabric is showing. Pull the thread tight and push center down so it looks like picture below. Your needle should be coming up from the middle, so thread it once back through the middle so your thread is coming out from the bottom.


3. Sew your button on (or anything else you want to use in the middle--broach, bead, etc). Tie thread off and cut off the access. Then hot glue it on a hair clip and attach it to headband.
BAM! You're done.

I love making these and I swear I find something new to put them on all the time. I've decorated picture frames, filled a bowl with them of all sizes and different solid colors to put on the coffee table, used them as the bow on presents, all kinds of stuff!


Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment