Saturday, May 25, 2013

Wine Cork Shoe Mat

If there is one thing I love, it's my wine! I save every cork and usually buy them at winery's as well, not really knowing what I was going to do with them--until I figured out they would make a cute shoe mat! The corks soak up water and are easy to clean.

1. Acquire many, many, MANY corks. (Again, you can usually buy corks at winery's or craft stores--I didn't drink that much wine to make this DIY)

2. Lay them out however you'd like your mat to look. I used the back of a canvas to fit them all together.

3. Hot glue them all together. I used a separate canvas to transport the corks to so the ones I had fit together wouldn't lose their shape as I moved them to be glued. (It took way more glue sticks than I thought it would when I first started gluing.)

4. Add shoes.

AH! I love it and I hope you do too! If you don't want to use it as a shoe mat, the corks can also serve as a cork board for tacking pictures, recipes or whatever else you want to display.



Cheers.


2 comments: